Monday, August 8, 2011

Vietnam - Hue

We were in Hue for just a little over a day. Everyone but me went out drinking last night after the motor scooter ride. I'll have one drink at night but I prefer waking up refreshed and early. My roommate for all of Vietnam was a 29 years old female from German. We were the oldest ones in the group. Everyone else was 25 years old or younger. Luckily for me she was not a all-hours-of-the-night drinker either and liked getting up early. Saturday July 16th, we were the only ones who got up early and explored the Imperial Citadel of Thang Long.




While walking around the grounds, I tried to imagine was it was like back when. The earliest construction started back in 1010. In all it's glory, it would have been amazing. The dynasties, servants, armies. The gardens.

No comments: