Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Middle Class

"It's no longer an exaggeration to say that middle-class Americans are an endangered species."
~Arianna Huffington

According to wikipedia, middle class persons commonly have a comfortable standard of living, significant economic security, considerable work autonomy and rely on their expertise to sustain themselves. If middle-class is becoming an endangered species, does this means the majority of people are going to fall into lower class? This quote makes me nervous/worried/sad. I am middle class. I have a sister in high school, what does this mean for her? For her future? I have 30 years of working before retirement, what does this mean for the next 30 years? What does this mean for my retirement savings? What does this mean during my retirement?

No comments: