Monday, September 5, 2011

vegetables from the garden

My grandma has a small garden is her background. I love it!! What's for dinner? Well, what do we have in the garden? It's been finding new recipes. Luck for me, grandma likes trying new recipes too! One night we had two big tomato and made stuffed tomatoes. We used both basil and spinach. It was ok, too much cottage cheese for me. I never thought of stuffing tomatoes before. After dinner I searched for more recipes. Next time I'm going to use couscous instead of cottage cheese. Another night there was an abundant of green beans. So many greens beans!

Adapted from
vegweb.com
1 pound green beans
1/2 onion, cut up however you like
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil +1 1/2 teaspoon for the dressing
1 tablespoon honey dijon mustard
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 cup walnuts

1. Boil the beans for 7 minus, drain and cool is large bowl
2. In a frying pan, brown the onions and garlic
3. For the dressing, combine mustard, maple syrup, olive oil and vinegar is a little bowl
4. Add onions, garlic, dressing and walnuts to the green beans. Mix well!

Also is the garden is Japanese eggplants, red peppers, ground cherries, rhubarb, beets, carrots and lots of squash! MMM...squash!! I am excited to making squash soup and pizza!

No comments: