Monday, August 11, 2008

Backpacking August 6th-10th, 2008

August 6th thru 10th I was backpacking along the Superior Hiking Trail with the Veturing group. We started at Castle Danger and ended at Cove Point Resort. So much fun!!! The weather was beatiful. It only rained when we started our trip and a little that night. The was always a little breeze. The berries were is season so I was munching on thimbleberries, raspberries and blueberries during our hike. We backpacked around 4 to 7 miles a day. The streams and creeks were a little dry. One day we pumped our water out of a beaver pond.

This picture was taken on the second day, after snack time. Hopefully I can find a group in Texas to go backpacking with. My goal is to go camping at least twice in Texas while I am there.

I hope my dad gets my sister into the Venturing group. I was in it during high school and I have been a assistant adviser for about 1 1/2 years. I love it because I am able to camp, backpack, canoe, rock climb, horseback ride and tons of other things I do not think I would not do without the group.

Group picture on the last day after eating lunch at Two Harbors. I ate a greasy cheese veggie sandwich and cherry peach pie with ice cream. MMM!!!

No comments: