Sunday, May 1, 2011

weekend recap

GREAT weekend!! Had some friends over Friday night. I tried a new recipe, beet pesto. DELICIOUS!! I added about 1/4 cup more oil than the recipe stated, next time I am going to add four garlic cloves to the mixture. Everyone else seemed to like it too! Trying new recipes always make me a little nervous. Thinking about playing around with the recipe and trying it with a pound of sweet potato instead of beets. Love sweet potatoes! After dinner we played Farkle, it's my new favorite game!! I played it with Julie and her husband last weekend when I was up in Minnesota. Game of chance and gamble. To roll again or not! Photobucket
Yes, I did win!
On Saturday I biked 63 miles around Muenster and the surrounding cities. Last year Muenster Metric Century Bike Rally was my first ever 63 bike ride. It's a tough ride, the hills come coming and coming and giving and giving. This year it did not seem as tough as last year but some of those hills felt like I was going straight up. Finished in 4 hours and 45 minutes, very happy with that time!! I stayed house for the rest of Saturday and all Sunday. Didn't get in my car once. Just laid around watching The Wire season 5, reading Flirt by Laurell Hamilton and eating lots of sugar cookies. Why does the weekend go by so quickly and the weekdays seem to drag on & on?

No comments: