Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Minimalist

Lately I have been researching 'minimalist'. It's appealing. I will not be living out of a suitcase and owning only 100 things, I was thinking more along the lines of just not a lot stuff. I don't need it. Why do I have two drawers full of rarely worn pjs? Why do I have boxes and boxes of books just storaged in my closet? I think this is really 'hitting home' because I will be moving soon, December 2nd, I found out I am losing my job July 1st. First shock (they are closing down the WHOLE company) then anger (I move from Minneapolis to Dallas to keep my job and now I am still losing it) to kind of excited. I have wanted to move to Portland or Seattle, this fall would be the perfect time!! Tentatively planning on moving back up to Minneapolis July 1st, go visit Turkey and Budapest for a little over two weeks, go sailing with my Faith August 7th-15th with the co-ed Boy Scout group we are apart of then move. I am really hoping everything goes as planned (fingers crossed). It will be easier to move with less stuff. I am canceling Netflix, getting a library card and maybe getting rid of my 9 year old TV.

Below is Alison and my Christmas pictures, silly I know, but cute and fun!

>

No comments: