Friday, October 31, 2008

2 minor earthquakes hit Dallas-Fort Worth area Thursday 30, 2008

DALLAS (AP) _ Two minor earthquakes have shaken the Dallas-Fort Worth area, but no significant damage has immediately been reported.

The U.S. Geological Survey says an earthquake with a 2.5 magnitude was reported at 11:25 p.m. Thursday, centered in the Grand Prairie area.

The agency says a slightly stronger quake, at 3.0 magnitude, occurred at 12:01 a.m. Friday, centered in Irving about 10 miles west of Dallas.

USGS geophysicist Randy Baldwin says aftershocks could last several days.

~http://www.the33tv.com/pages/content_landing_page/?2-minor-earthquakes-hit-Dallas-Fort-Wort=1&blockID=122638&feedID=16

2 comments:

Jack said...

Did you even feel them? That's something I would have never expected.

Adventure Veggie said...

I did not feel it. The earthquakes happened in Irving and Grand Prairie, a little south and west of me. I know, I didnt think Texas got earthquakes either.