Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Gran Torino

A co-worker and I saw Gran Torino last night with a meetup.com group, Dallas Great Movies and Books Club. It’s a great story! I liked Clint Eastwood’s character. According to imdb.com, ‘open casting calls for Hmong actors were held in Hmong communities in Detroit, Michigan; Saint Paul, Minnesota; and Fresno, California. None of the Hmong actors in the cast had acted in a film before except’ for one of the actors. I do not know what it was but something about the movie made me disconnected from it. At the end, the person next to me was crying. I am usually a cry-baby at movies but I did not even get teary-eyed at the end of this one. This is a movie I am going to recommend people to watch as a rental, not something you need to see in the theatre.

No comments: